A RESOURCE NETWORK FOR BRIDGING WOMEN WITH TECHNICAL & BUSINESS SKILLS WITH OTTAWA COMPANIES
The Advancing New Canadian Women in Technology (ANCWT) Centre is offering a program to assist newly arrived refugees women and newcomers from Syria to gain Canadian work experience.
The pilot project, offered in Ottawa will train newcomers in job readiness or in launching a new business. Whenever possible, ANCWT will attain co-op placements. The pilot project if free to the participants and it is limited to 15 participants.
The pilot project has garnered support from following organizations:
- Difference Maker Program, University of Ottawa
- Capital Welcomes
- Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO Ottawa chapter)
- Ottawa World Skills Employment Cantre
- Community for Refugee Action (OCRA)
- Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities (FBSC)