A RESOURCE NETWORK FOR BRIDGING WOMEN WITH ENGINEERING & TECHNICAL EDUCATION TO OTTAWA JOB MARKET
Advancing new Canadian women in Technology, (ANCWT) is a bridging employment program for women groups, such as, new immigrants and Syrian refugees who have technical training (in engineering, technology, and computer science and information technology) from outside Canada. The goal is to help them to enter the Canadian job market, as fast as possible.
The program is based at the faculty of Engineering / university of Ottawa, and led by Dr. Sawsan Abdul-Majid.
The program includes measures related to gender discrimination, understanding the professional qualifications licensing processes – for example: engineering licensing process with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO), 30 By 30 Initiatives, understanding job market etc.
Registration fee is 80 $.
Program starts at Feb 21st 2018, to register, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
ANCWT project has garnered support from following organizations:
- Faculty of Engineering at the University of Ottawa
- NSERC chair for Women in Science and Engineering
- CDC, Carrier Development Center at the University of Ottawa
- Difference Maker Program, University of Ottawa
- Professional Engineers Ontario
- Ottawa World Skills Employment Center
- Foundation for Building Sustainable Communities (FBSC)